Depending on the circumstances I either do this rite while sitting in meditation, or moving about in the room including doing the traditional gestures that go with the rite.
- Face East – stretching out both hands to the left chant A (Alpha, as in father) I image the portal of the Moon opening in the east, attuning me to and balancing me with the power of the Moon
- Face North – putting forward only your right fist, chant E (Epsilon, as in egg) I image the portal of Mercury opening in the North, attuning me to and balancing me with the power of Mercury
- Face West – extending both hands in front of you, chant Ê (Eta, as in hey) I image the portal of Venus opening in the West, attuning me to and balancing me with the power of Venus
- Face South – holding both hands on your stomach, chant I (Iota, as in see) I image the portal of the Sun opening in the South, attuning me to and balancing me with the power of the Sun
- Earth – face East – bending over, touching the ends of your toes, chant O (Omicron, as in hot, a short O sound) I image the portal of Mars opening up beneath me, attuning me to and balancing me with the power of Mars
- Air – face East – having your hands on your heart chant U (Upsilon, as in the French ‘du pain’. It is an epsilon, a short Y. Listen to it here) I image the portal of Jupiter opening up in the center, in my heart, attuning me to and balancing me with the power of Jupiter, aiding me in ruling over my Kingdom, my Life
- Sky- face East, looking into the sky, having both hands on your head, chant Ô (Omega, as in home, a long O sound, or as in law) I image the portal of Saturn opening up above me, attuning me to and balancing me with the power of Saturn
- Look straight ahead while facing East. Finis.
This rite most obvious effect is balancing the seven archetypal energies of the planet within the Aura. I imagine each sound as a sort of hammer strike on the bell of my aura that makes it ring in harmony with the planetary spheres. I stand in the center of all the planetary energies, each brought in harmony within my own sphere.
The first rite, the Adjuration of Metatron has cleansed my sphere and my room. The second rite, the calling of the Sevenths has attuned me to the powerful macrocosmic energies that fuel my magick. I am either ready to step into the next ritual, or ready to start my day well balanced and harmonized.
In my own practice, I finish with this prayer to Aion, the God that is behind the power of the Seven planets. The transcendent source of all things:
I call thee, who art greater than all, the creator of all, thou, the self-begotten who seest all but art not seen. For thou gavest Helios the glory and all the power, Selene the privilege to wax and wane and have fixed courses, yet Thou took nothing from the earlier-born darkness, but apportioned things so that they should be equal. For when Thou appeared, both order and light arose. All things are subject to Thee, Whose true form none of the Gods can see; Who can changest into all things. Thou art invisible, Aion of Aion. Come to me Lord, faultless and unflawed, who pollute no place, for I have been initiated into Thy Name.